Hi there, my name is Meg. I blog about the life I share with my hubby, Rob and our furbaby, Jack.
In 2016 we made the big decision to move from South Africa to Ireland. The main objective of the move was so that we could travel more and explore more of the world. We absolutely love travelling and exploring new places. And, we intentionally try to see places from a unique outlook –often avoiding the obvious tourist hotspots. We especially love to find local gems, and hidden secrets in big cities.
Back in South Africa, we had a house filled with things we had collected over the years; things we loved and worked hard to get it. But even with all the things, we were not really happy with our life. You see, we wanted to travel more than anything. But frankly, we couldn’t afford to maintain the things we had to own, and still travel.
It was the reality check we needed. We needed to get our priorities straight. What did we want most out of life? Things or experiences? We decided to scale down; and in the process we sold most of our treasures, sold our cars and looked at the move to Ireland as the fresh start that it was. A new start, with a completely new outlook on life.
The biggest lesson we learnt was that we had to get comfortable with saying NO to things that did not help us live life the way we wanted to.
It is our goal to further declutter our living space, look to experience real life - in real time, and inspire others to do the same. We have happily traded in a life filled with labels and must haves, to a life that is intentional, positive and filled with adventure. We don’t believe that to have less means that you are continually saving, and never doing anything. In fact, the opposite! We believe that money is better spent on living a life that is filled with memories and adventures, not possessions.
At the end of the day, we seek to unlock the simple life, where having less, means we are living more.
So, This is us… living.
Here are some tips on how to navigate this blog:
- Contact: Looking to get in touch with me? Are you a brand who wants to work with me? Sweet, I love getting mail. Email me here.
- Living Abroad: This is where you get real insight into our life; how we moved countries, what living in Ireland is really like, and all the info you need to decide if living abroad is the right move to make.
- Expat Family: Raising kids whilst living abroad? We get it - it is hard! Towards the end of 2019 we gave birth to our first child, and now we are sharing all the tips and tricks we have learnt about raising a kid as expats living in Ireland.
- Simple Living: We are on a mission to simplify our home; cut down on expenses and started living an intentional and simple life filled with travel!
- Travel Inspiration: If you are looking to be inspired, and want to see where we have traveled to and what we suggest you do/see - then you definitely need to check out our Travel Inspiration.
p.s I am mindful about inbox spam and only send out one email newsletter each month, so to be sure you don’t miss out you should sign up and get all the news straight in your inbox – Sign up now!
Click on the images below to read more:
Want to unlock the simple life?
Sign up now and get all the updates straight into your inbox!