Hi there, my name is Meg. I blog about the life I share with my hubby, Rob and our furbaby, Jack.
In 2016 we made the big decision to move from South Africa to Ireland. The main objective of the move was so that we could travel more and explore more of the world. We absolutely love travelling and exploring new places. And, we intentionally try to see places from a unique outlook –often avoiding the obvious tourist hotspots. We especially love to find local gems, and hidden secrets in big cities.
Back in South Africa, we had a house filled with things we had collected over the years; things we loved and worked hard to get it. But even with all the things, we were not really happy with our life. You see, we wanted to travel more than anything. But frankly, we couldn’t afford to maintain the things we had to own, and still travel.
It was the reality check we needed. We needed to get our priorities straight. What did we want most out of life? Things or experiences? We decided to scale down; and in the process we sold most of our treasures, sold our cars and looked at the move to Ireland as the fresh start that it was. A new start, with a completely new outlook on life.
The biggest lesson we learnt last year was that we had to get comfortable with saying NO to things that did not help us live life the way we wanted to.
Now that we have successfully moved over, we are more determined than ever to get it right. We have figured out what matters most to us; now we just need to work towards ensuring we get it.
It is our goal to further declutter our living space, look to experience real life - in real time, and inspire others to do the same. We have happily traded in a life filled with labels and must haves, to a life that is intentional, positive and filled with adventure. We don’t believe that to have less means that you are continually saving, and never doing anything. In fact, the opposite! We believe that money is better spent on living a life that is filled with memories and adventures, not possessions.
At the end of the day, we seek to unlock the simple life, where having less, means we are living more.
So, This is us… living.
Here are some tips on how to navigate this blog:
- Contact: Looking to get in touch with me? Are you a brand who wants to work with me? Sweet, I love getting mail. Email me here.
- Living Abroad: This is where you get real insight into our life; how we moved countries, what living in Ireland is really like, and all the info you need to decide if living abroad is the right move to make.
- Simple Living: We are on a mission to simplify our home; cut down on expenses and started living an intentional and simple life filled with travel!
- Travel Inspiration: If you are looking to be inspired, and want to see where we have traveled to and what we suggest you do/see - then you definitely need to check out our Travel Inspiration.
- Challenges: Check out Challenges page if you are looking to commit to making some changes of your own.
Unlock the simple life,
p.s. If social media is your thing (snap! It's my fave too!), you should totally follow me on Instagram, Twitter, or join my exclusive Facebook Group. And because I seriously am an open book, if you ever want to bounce ideas off me, or just chat and connect send me an email (I really love chatting!)..
p.p.s. I try post varied content 2-3 times a week; I am also setting up exclusive challenges; guides and templates that I will only share with my subscribers, so be sure to sign up and get all the news straight in your inbox! Sign up now!
Click on the images below to read more:
Want to unlock the simple life?
Sign up now and get all the updates straight into your inbox!